emlyon business school is among the few French business schools with capacities to do research in hardware aspect of AIM. Particularly, AIM studied warehousing robots, medicine robots, drone, manufacturing robots, automated logistics equipment, and smart Wafer Fabs. (1) Currently, AIM is mainly studying the advanced application of robots in manufacturing, logistics, and retailing physical infrastructures. (2) Another ongoing direction is the cobot which addresses social responsibility in human robot manufacturing systems. (3) Yeming (Yale) Gong and his PhD students are studying the role of robots in carbon neutrality logistics facilities since “The French National Strategy on Artificial Intelligence’ presented ‘France can raise international awareness of the environmental impact of AI. Promote research into making the physical infrastructure of AI more environmentally friendly”.
Researching examples, among others (mainly list AIM members)
* Yeming (Yale) GONG. 2022. Assignment of parcels to loading stations in robotic sorting systems. Transportation Research Part E Logistics and Transportation Review
* Yeming GONG. 2022. Analysis and Design of Rack-Climbing Robotic Storage and Retrieval Systems. Transportation Science. With Rene de Koster, Wanying Chen
* Yeming GONG. 2022. Analysis of pickup/deposit stations and dwell point locations in bi-directional flow-rack AS/RSs. 2022. International Journal of Production Research
* Yeming GONG. 2021. Multi-fidelity Simulation-Based Optimisation for Large-Scale Production Release Planning in Wafer Fabs. APMS 2021: In: Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable and Resilient Production Systems.
* Yeming GONG. 2021. Performance evaluation of automated medicine delivery systems. Transportation Research Part E Logistics and Transportation Review. With Wanying Chen, René B.M. De Koster
*Ajar Kumar. 2021. Joint optimisation of drone routing and battery wear for sustainable supply chain development: a mixed-integer programming model based on blockchain-enabled fleet sharing 2021. Annals of Operations Research
* Yeming GONG. 2021. Robotic mobile fulfilment systems considering customer classes. International Journal of Production Research