This interactive and engaging national conference looks at some of the big ethical challenges facing engineering today and in the future, and how engineers can tackle them. It brings together decision makers from industry, higher education, regulators and professional engineering institutions. Through questions, discussion and use of technology, delegates will have the opportunity to offer their views and to shape a 10 year vision.
The conference will be considering some of the key issues facing engineering today and tomorrow, including:
- Ethics, Big Data and Cyber Security
- Ethics, Artificial Intelligence and Automated Vehicles
- Ethics, Climate Change and the Environment
- Dame Judith Hackitt, Chair of the Engineering Employers Federation (EEF)
- Professor Chris Atkin, Chairman of the Engineering Council
- Sara Parkin OBE, Founder-Director and Trustee of Forum for the Future
- Professor Kevin Jones, Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Plymouth
- Renaud Champion, Director of Emerging Intelligences, EMLyon Business School; CEO of PRIMNEXT, investment company in artificial intelligence and advanced robotics and Director of euRobotics.